MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE CORRECT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR TABLET MODEL, AS INCORRECT FIRMWARE WILL CAUSE YOUR TABLET TO LOCK UP. PLEASE CHECK YOUR TABLET MODEL BEFORE CONTINUING. The firmware download on this page is for use with the A7+ tablet only and applies to Model A7-004 with Build Number Prefix QAJ3000 which may be confirmed by checking Settings>About device on your tablet. If you have the A7 tablet, please see the A7 Firmware Page for updates.
RESTORING THE A7+
If you have mistakenly installed the A7 firmware onto your A7+ tablet, the unit will not function properly and will not boot up at all in most cases. You can restore the tablet from your PC by following these Recovery Instructions.
UPDATING THE FIRMWARE
To determine the firmware version currently installed on your tablet, go to Settings > About device and scroll to the bottom to see Build number. The last 5 digits of the Build number indicate your current firmware version.
The March 7, 2012 Firmware Update addresses the following issue:
- Factory Data Reset has been fixed so that it now correctly erases all user data, including passwords and pattern locks.
The Firmware Update for your A7+ Internet Tablet must be downloaded to your PC or Mac and copied to a USB Flash Drive or MicroSD Card for installation.
DO NOT RENAME THE FILE - THE TABLET WILL ONLY RECOGNIZE THE NEW FIRMWARE IF THE FILENAME IS UPDATE.ZIP.
Note: Since the files stored in the Tablet may be deleted or overwritten during the update process (including the pre-installed movie trailers), please copy any files which you have stored in the Tablet before updating.
Please follow these directions carefully for a successful update:
A7+ Firmware Update Instructions
- Download the Firmware Update ZIP file at the bottom of this page to your PC or Mac.
- Copy the ZIP file from your PC or Mac to a USB Flash Drive or MicroSD Card. The file must be copied to the ROOT DIRECTORY; make sure you do not copy the file into a subfolder.
- Insert the USB Flash Drive into the side slot of the tablet or insert the MicroSD Card into the slot at the top of the A7 Tablet.
- Plug the A7+ Tablet into an electrical outlet using the AC adaptor.
- Open Settings > About device > System updates > Update device.
- Follow the on-screen prompts. The system will restart automatically in update mode, then will restart when the update is complete.
- " To confirm that your update has been correctly installed, open Settings > About device. Scroll down to Build version and you should see QAJ3000.3.0022.
Firmware Update - Version 3.0022 (126.3 MB) - Mar. 7, 2012
A7+ Firmware Archive
If you would like to download and install earlier versions of the A7+ Firmware, click on the links below to download the file and install the update by following the directions detailed above.